This portlet displays the list of Active Work Items for a TB/Working Group, and their available drafts as uploaded by the rapporteurs.
A draft in this context is a specific document which is related to an individual active and non published work item. All other versions of a latest draft (PE, OAP, Vote, etc.) are available from the Publication service.
Latest Draft Screen Content
The screen shows the list of active work items and their associated drafts.
The first row displays the count of active and non published work items found for the selected Group (e.g. "9 active, non published WIs found, displaying 1 to 9").
Then for each Work Item:
- The following icons:
- The Work Item reference number (e.g. "DTR/MTS-00114-1") followed by the ETSI publication number (when already assigned).
- The list of available drafts (if any), with for each version:
- The icon: to contribute it to its TB/Working Group for discussion, or decision.
- The icon: to delete a draft (feature only accessible to ETSI staff). This only appears next to drafts that have never been contributed, i.e. never submitted to a meeting as a contribution. Such non-contributed drafts may be deleted by ETSI staff.
- The draft version, with a hyperlink to the draft file. To see previous versions, click on the
- Its associated status.
- The second line displays the Work Item working title
When a draft has been uploaded for a work item, its displayed version provides a link to download it. Login might be necessary before accessing the physical file.
Uploading a new draft
- The file to upload as latest draft
- The version of the new draft (Vx.y.z) as it will appear on the portal
- The new maturity status of the uploaded draft (early, stable, final).
- Comments (optional)
Note also that the pop-up allows you to perform other tasks like:
- Changing the maturity status of the last uploaded draft (eg: from stable to final)
- Managing (changing) target dates for the Work Item milestones (depending on your role and access rights).
Upon successful upload, the confirmation window will display the path and filename of the uploaded draft and prompt the user to CONTRIBUTE the draft on-the-fly, i.e. to encapsulate the draft in a contribution and to make it available to the (Working-)Group as a meeting contribution.
Contributing a draft (more details here) can also be done later, by clicking on the icon next to a draft version.
After upload, the Work Item schedule in the workprogramme database gets updated : the "achieved date" for the selected maturity milestone is filled with the draft upload date and version. Any subsequent new version upload for the same maturity milestone will generate the insertions of a new line in the Work Item schedule with relevant achieved date and version.
Changing the status of an available draft
When changing the status of an existing draft version, it is necessary to provide the following information:
- targeted maturity milestone of the updated draft version
- Comments (optional)
In the Work Programme schedule database, the corresponding achieved date for the targeted milestone is then updated with the current date.
If the targeted maturity milestone has already been marked as achieved, then a new schedule line is inserted with relevant achieved date and version.
Managing target dates for Work Item milestones
Only rapporteurs and Officials have the rights to modify the target dates of their Work Items. Rapporteurs can update target dates for maturity milestones, i.e. the “early draft”, “Stable Draft”, and “Final draft” target dates. Additionally, officials (Chair and Vice-Chairs) have the right to update the decision milestones: "WG approval", and "TB approval".
Then, from the the Manage drafts pop-up, click on the Manage target dates button
A second pop-up window will open:
The system will then let the user enter and save new target dates dates for the milestones.